IBM Power Systems have fueled mission-critical workloads for decades. Having infrastructure that’s secure, highly-available and flexible to meet evolving business demands for your workloads is essential but finding the expertise and support to manage these robust and expansive operating systems is becoming harder to find.
Managing end-of-support AIX and IBM i Power Systems with upgrades can be challenging. There’s a shortage of skilled professionals to support these complex systems and companies also are facing escalating costs to maintain them. Ongoing risk to security and compliance also is an increasing issue users face today.
What are the IBM Power Systems?
IBM i is an operating system for minicomputers and enterprise servers. Mid-sized and enterprise businesses rely on IBM i’s big data management and robust transaction processing. The IBM i environment requires a high level of expertise to ensure they remain secure, reliable and up-to-date.
Benefits of IBM i:
- Fully relational, SQL-compliant database that automates many tasks
- Levels of integrity and data safety beyond other operating systems
- Open-source runtime and integration of technology
- Multi-workload virtualization
- Adapts to the ever-changing needs of both business and computing
AIX systems are UNIX-based operating system that run some of the worlds’ most critical and data-intensive workloads for enterprises around the world.
Benefits of AIX:
- Designed to deliver scalability, reliability and manageability
- Leads the market for scalable, distributed operating environments in many highly regulated industries
- Strong, long-standing security focus and reputation
- Unmatched uptime
- Open-source capabilities
How FNTS can help.
Breathing new life into IBM Power Systems can ensure peak performance and the most value out of your investment. FNTS supports organizations that rely on these systems and critical applications by providing operational agility through IBM Power Systems cloud migration and system management.
In today’s modern workspace, more companies have migrated to cloud-hosted or remote-managed services to secure, optimize and simplify workloads. Using cloud-based services not only frees up IT resources to be used more efficiently, but also increases security, improves client experiences and decreases unnecessary costs. FNTS reduces OPEX/CAPEX costs for businesses by eliminating the need for expensive hardware, maintenance, upgrades and more.
A trusted extension of business and IT teams, FNTS and its highly-skilled IT professionals have vast knowledge on the intricacies of mature IBM i/AS400 and AIX/pSeries environments.
FNTS fuels IBM Power Systems by providing:
- 24x7x365 personalized and first-name basis support that businesses depend on
- Dedicated and U.S.-based service account manager, account services team and resources
- Increased resiliency
- Granular configuration abilities to right size capacity or rapidly scale resources
- Ability to integrate and operate Power Systems as part of a hybrid/multi-cloud strategy (e.g. Power VS, Azure, IBM public cloud or FNTS private cloud)
- Robust security posture based on zero-trust and defense in depth philosophies to assist clients in regulated industries
- Redundancy throughout the data center and cloud environment
- Proactive monitoring and capacity planning services to configure and optimize your environment to ensure 100% uptime
- Quarterly strategic sessions to ensure alignment with business initiatives and outcomes
The FNTS AIX-as-a-Service and IBM i-as-a-Service solutions position businesses for operational excellence by providing implementation tactics and ongoing support. We customize each Power Systems migration to align with your unique business requirements and provide ongoing management of IT environments with 24/7 virtual resources such as network support, access, patching, and threat monitoring. In addition, we invest in updated hardware and updates to support the latest operating system versions and have a technical team that has the depth and breadth of experience in legacy systems.