Regardless of how outages occur – whether man made or by Mother Nature – they happen, and they happen often. If a company experiences an outage, it can be catastrophic. Let’s take a look at the dollars, and make cents of this:
The figures above are staggering – and so are the amount of companies that aren’t adequately protected from outages and accidental downtime. Protect your staff, reputation and your bottom line with the proper backup, recovery and planning in place. With a 100% disaster recovery testing rate – First National Technology understands how important it is to recover for any outage.
- One minute of data center downtime costs an average of $7,900. Average downtime – 80+ minutes resulting in approximately $690,000 loss. (Data Center Dynamics, 2013)
- The average cost of network downtime is $5,600 per minute with an average of $300K per hour impact. (Gartner, 2014)
- 1 in 5 companies fired an IT employee as a result of network downtime. (Avaya, 2014)
- For Fortune 1000 companies, the average cost of application downtime (unplanned) is $1.25 - $2.5 billion per year. (App Dynamics, 2015)
- The average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 - $1 million per hour. (App Dynamics, 2015)