It’s a concept that frightens almost every data center manager. What happens if something doesn’t go well? What if we lose our data? While moving your entire IT environment sounds daunting, with proper planning and the right people on your side – it doesn’t have to be. Here are some helpful tips for a successful data center migration.
- Pick the right people. It is crucial to identify the right hosting provider and internal team that will serve as their contact – and then maintain those resources. You will create less issues by not bringing in new personnel mid-way through the process.
- Consider more than your infrastructure. By understanding how data center migration affects your core business operations, you can limit the overall impact.
- Timing is everything. It’s essential to understand your business and the best time for a migration to occur. Seasonality and resource allocation are both key timing considerations.
- Use technology to your advantage. Ideally, your hosting provider has best-of-breed technology available to facilitate a seamless migration.
- Work with your project managers: Understanding the process is crucial to a successful migration. By ensuring you’re comfortable with your migration strategy.
After the migration has been successfully completed, you can sleep well knowing that your IT infrastructure now has a top-of-the-line data center, and will be in good care in the hands of the experts.
For a more in depth read on having a seamless data center migration, click here.